11 March 2006

On a clear day

Today was a clear day in Boston. I would not claim that I could see forever, but it was a great day for visiting the city. There was a hint of spring in the air even though the plants still did not show any signs of taking such notice.

My mission was to buy the 24 preludes by Chopin, the Henle Verlag edition. There is only one shop for that, which is the Music Espresso right across from the New England Conservatory. On previous occasions I took the Tube into Boston, but today tried my luck with parking. Lo and behold, I managed the rare feat of finding parking near the NEC.

Wandering through Boston anywhere near the city centre is a treat. For starters, the notorious Boston traffic notwithstanding, the city is pleasantly disposed to walking. The architecture is interesting and rather pleasing. My favourite Hancock building is within sight from almost any position. It haunts me - I have a whole collection of pictures of the building from all angles. Everytime I see it, I want to add another picture. Perhaps that should become a project - a Hancock picture book, with pictures from the oddest view points.

Today I was supposed to practice piano - there is much work ahead of me. But sometimes, when the load gets high, I just want to let go of it and relax. So, I cleaned my car's interior, pampered the leather upholstry and took the car in for a high pressure spray clean in a self-serve bay. And I took a nap earlier in the afternoon until my housemate returned, waking me with his darn creaky bedroom door. I summarly oiled the hinges tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home